Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark_B

Reaction score
I dropped the temp on my fermentation chamber to cold crash an Amber Ale on Friday afternoon. Dropped the temp to 1.5'C (~35'F). Normally it's like that for anywhere from 12-24 hrs and then I bottle. However, this time around life got in the way. It's now Tuesday and it's still sitting in cold crash. What are the chances that there's still enough yeast floating around to carbonate these bottles? Cheers everybody!

I dropped the temp on my fermentation chamber to cold crash an Amber Ale on Friday afternoon. Dropped the temp to 1.5'C (~35'F). Normally it's like that for anywhere from 12-24 hrs and then I bottle. However, this time around life got in the way. It's now Tuesday and it's still sitting in cold crash. What are the chances that there's still enough yeast floating around to carbonate these bottles? Cheers everybody!
No sweat. I had a pilsner sitting at 1.5C for three months and it carbed up fine.

Latest posts

Back