Programs used for labels???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freehand is a decent vector based drawing program. If you want a lable that's basically drawing and letters, that's a nice option. It's somewhat similar to Illustrator - which is probably the benchmark vector program.

If you want to do something with pictures, Photoshop is best. Since you have Freehand, you might have an easier time getting Fireworks - which is similar.

Believe it or not, Excel is great. I've done dozens of labels by cut/paste from the internet and using Paint/Powerpoint/Excel and switching between all three. Current versions of Excel include WordArt so you can create odd text.

My girl bought me Photoshop Elements for my B-day but I've not yet finished a label...very powerful tool is PE. :ban:

Good luck!! :rockin:

If you have access to Microsoft Publisher you can do great labels. I am brewing a Scottish ale and I found some risque picture of lassies in plaid and made some great labels. My wife isn't real fond of them but what the he$$, it's my beer!

Back