Quantcast

Product Review: WilserBrewer BIAB Bags and more!

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Schumed

Reaction score
Cool product ...offering the pulley...wonder how these would fit in a standard keggle???

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

wowbeeryum

Reaction score
Confirming that I've had a similar experience with my WilserBrewer bag. I've been using one for the last 10-12 batches and the bag is still in great condition. No grain particles make it into the wort. Mine isn't as tight around the lip of the kettle as in your pictures, I have to use a bungee cord to keep it snug, but that isn't an issue at all. A hop bag was included in my order out of a random act of kindness or error. I finally used it a month ago to dry hop in the keg, worked great. I am very happy with my purchase and couldn't imagine doing BIAB using anything else.

wilserbrewer

BIAB Expert Tailor
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
Cool product ...offering the pulley...wonder how these would fit in a standard keggle???

We make and sell lots of bags to satisfied keggle users. I advocate making the top opening as large as possible for BIAB.

My feedback from customers is that it takes a little finesse, but even very large grain bills can be extracted out of undersized keggle openings. Perhaps like childbirth, idk :)

Wilserbrewer
Http://biabbags.webs.com/

MaxStout

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

I do BIAB in a keggle. I had enlarged the hole to about 11.75" diameter, and have no problem hoisting out grain with Wilserbrewer's bags. If the grain bill is large, it requires a few minutes of work with paddles to make the bag skinnier. The key is to use a ratchet pulley. Hoist up the bag until it gets a little stuck, work the sides with paddles, hoist up a few more clicks, work it some more, etc.

I did an imperial stout with a 24 lb. grain bill. It took me about 4 or 5 minutes to get the bag out. (Pic below.) The bag needs time to drain anyway, so those minutes weren't lost.

One other thing...make sure the rim of the cutout on the keggle has been sanded smooth, with no burrs.

G-Hog

Reaction score
I have 4 of WilserBrewer BIAB bags (2 grain and 2 hop) and they work great.