Problems with Regulator Pressure release valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinhead

Reaction score
I took my tank in to get it refilled. It was my first time and I did not take the value off, they removed the value and now whenever you hook it up the pressure release value leaks from the hole in the side. I compared it to my other valve and the plunger does not appear to be returning all of the way so that it seals. I tried the local LBS and a few beer stores on line but could not find a replacement. Does anyone have a idea how to either fix or find a replacement pressure release valve?

Note was a used valve and not blaming the Gas guy

Obviously you've tried taking it off the bottle to see if you can figure it out?

My first step is always a google search. Something like "[brand name] regulator replacement parts".

It's likely just a bad o-ring or spring, but who knows. Assuming the guy didn't drop it and bend something out of shape, there aren't a lot of moving parts that could be affected.

I'd also move it back and forth a bunch of times to see if you an get it to re-set in the correct position.

Good luck.

Back