Problems ordering from AHS?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dasBuhbuh

Reaction score
So, has anyone ever had trouble ordering online from Austin Homebrew? They couldnt complete my order because of my card was supposedly declined, but according to the bank, there is no problem with the card or my account (the amount was within my limit) and all of the information is correct...

any thoughts?

Have you even tried to talk to Forrest?

AHS has exceptional customer service as per the majority consensus on this board. Most likely, it was an awkward glitch.

Had you bought gas that day? Did you pay at the pump with that same card?

I know you are new to the forum (Welcome!!!) but why would you even post that? Call the customer service of the business in question and ask them.

In my opinion, I think evil trolls stole your wallet and secretly changed your card numbers and are using your account to buy mutated pigs and antique lamps without your knowledge.

If you would like a more helpful response, talk to someone who can help you (i.e., Austin Home Brew).

Forrest? I have absolutely no idea who that is actually...

I called them up and they suggested a bank problem, the bank said everything was fine (including the details of the order) and suggested it was a problem with AHS. Sooooo yea. I am sad. haha I am hoping it was just a glitch. I asked AHS to try it again so we shall see...

and I posted it because a) its the General Discussion Forum, b) I'm not actually looking for anyone to do anything as it could be any number of things, c) I am bored at work. :p

Forrest? I have absolutely no idea who that is actually...

I called them up and they suggested a bank problem, the bank said everything was fine (including the details of the order) and suggested it was a problem with AHS. Sooooo yea. I am sad. haha I am hoping it was just a glitch. I asked AHS to try it again so we shall see...

and I posted it because a) its the General Discussion Forum, b) I'm not actually looking for anyone to do anything as it could be any number of things, c) I am bored at work. :p

Forrest is a regular member on HBT. Forrest IS Austin Homebrew Supply. We like Forrest, We trust Forrest, We respect Forrest. He is our dealer for our drug of choice. We covet his stuff.

We idolize Forrest for DEEP specialized HBT discounts on his stuff (Hint, Hinty, Hint)!

Well, just for future reference, your first course of action when you have a problem with a retailer is to contact their customer service department and try to get your issue resolved internally. I can guarantee that AHS's customer service will be very helpful!

If, for some reason, a retailer's customer service department tells you to go f*ck yourself, then, yeah, post your problems here. But the forums should not be your first line of resolution when you have problems with a retailer.

...well, like I said, I did all that. I'm not looking for resolution here, I was just curious if ordering online had ever been a problem for anyone. I dont doubt the superb quality of AHS, as many members here speak highly of it. I'm just seeing if its just me having a tough time online.

I used to work over the phone taking orders for a company and 9 times out of 10 if a persons CC was declined it was because they had moved and their billing address was screwed up with the bank.

We would just put in their old address for billing purposes and it would work fine.

Have you moved or updated addresses lately?

Apparently we tried to run the card 4 different times and it was always declined. The other card you supplied worked fine.

Gila: I hear your hints. Something is in the works.

How come my store is the only one that gets abbreviated?
Please try to use Austin Homebrew instead of AHS.

Noobies need to know the name of the store. Thanks.

Well, just for future reference, your first course of action when you have a problem with a retailer is to contact their customer service department and try to get your issue resolved internally. I can guarantee that AHS's customer service will be very helpful!
Tell it Evan!

I really don't' think there is much sense in bitching about a retailer to a board like ours. There is only one person here taht can fix this issue for you, and I'm guessing by the first 4 words of your statement, you did not know that Forrest was even a member.

Forrest and AHS do a bitchn fine job of taking care of us here, and when issues do arrise, they even try and help the people that come here bitching about it instead of contacting AHS.

To re-state a comment I made the other day, To receive good customer service, you must first be a good customer.
...well, like I said, I did all that.
Did You call them? Austin Home Brew.com (better Forrest :D ) IS a brick and mortor store, and you can call them up and speak to someone.

Tell it Evan!

I really don't' think there is much sense in bitching about a retailer to a board like ours. There is only one person here taht can fix this issue for you, and I'm guessing by the first 4 words of your statement, you did not know that Forrest was even a member.

Forrest and AHS do a bitchn fine job of taking care of us here, and when issues do arrise, they even try and help the people that come here bitching about it instead of contacting AHS.

To re-state a comment I made the other day, To receive good customer service, you must first be a good customer.

Did You call them? Austin Home Brew.com (better Forrest :D ) IS a brick and mortor store, and you can call them up and speak to someone.

Deep breath. Deep drink. Relax. Read past the first post before jumping to conclusions. :drunk:

"I called them up and they suggested a bank problem, the bank said everything was fine (including the details of the order) and suggested it was a problem with AHS."

No need for everyone to jump down the guy's throat assuming that he didn't even contact their customer service. He didn't question their quality, timeliness, or service. Just asked if anyone else had an issue with the website since both sides said it was the other's problem.

Personally, I've seen this same situation occur with a coworker and ticketmaster. Neither side could explain why the card wasn't being accepted. Just one of those wierd things.

There has been a big backlash recently towards people who post problems with online LHBS's lately. While some of that was deserved, I think the attack button was hit a little quick on the OP.

He wasn't in any way bashing AHS, he stated in a follow up that he had already contacted AHS and his bank prior to posting this, and he wasn't ranting. He was wanting to see if anyone else had a similar issue.

To answer the OP's actual question, no I have never had a problem ordering from AHS. I had an order that was missing a couple of minor things, and it was immediately and pleasantly corrected when I called them.

Oh, and Forrest, I see AHS, B3, NB and MW constantly on here. All of them get abbreviated. We're too lazy and or druck to type out things sometimes :)

Good point, its Austin Homebrew supply from now on. Of course you could change the name of the Business to AHS. That would work too :D

When I was in business I would have killed for a releationship like this with my clients. Well done.

Ok, problem was resolved. Since most of you decided to not read anything and just yell at me, its nice to see a few people actually bothered to check what had already been posted and respond accordingly. The funny thing is it seems like the people who had been here longer and were more active on the forum were the ones to jump to conclusions. Very adult. Bah.

Thank you to Austin Homebrew and all of your help with the situation. You did everything you could to help me out during our phone conversations. I eagerly await the deliciousness in the mail. :)

By using the words Austin Homebrew it will move my website further up Google. Also, New people can search for our website with Austin Homebrew.

There has been a big backlash recently towards people who post problems with online LHBS's lately. While some of that was deserved, I think the attack button was hit a little quick on the OP.

He wasn't in any way bashing AHS, he stated in a follow up that he had already contacted AHS and his bank prior to posting this, and he wasn't ranting. He was wanting to see if anyone else had a similar issue.

To answer the OP's actual question, no I have never had a problem ordering from AHS. I had an order that was missing a couple of minor things, and it was immediately and pleasantly corrected when I called them.

Oh, and Forrest, I see AHS, B3, NB and MW constantly on here. All of them get abbreviated. We're too lazy and or druck to type out things sometimes
Very well said!!

From how I read it was that dasBuhbuh was simply asking if any one else has had similar problems. He was not asking any one to fix any thing.

"If you use the built in Google search (in the drop down in the brown quick link bar), you can search for "AHS" just as easy"

That is how I found AHS. Seams easy enough?

Also I have not had any problems ordering from AHS (Austin Homebrew)

Considering the level of mutual support between Austin Homebrew and HBT, the least we can do is type out the name. I admit that I sometimes get lazy and use the AHB acronym from time to time but it's only fair that we use "Austin Homebrew" as much as we can.

I realize it is easier to use AHS. But if you say Austin Homebrew instead it will help me. So, if you remember please use Austin Homebrew instead of AHS.

If I was a new brewer I would see AHS and do a Google search. I would find American Home Shield home insurance. Or the American Headache Society. American Heartworm Society. Everything but Austin Homebrew. I just did a search for AHS on Google and I stopped looking after the 30th page for a reference to Austin Homebrew Supply.

Thanks for your support and understanding.

Forrest
Austin Homebrew Supply

I just ordered some one liter swing top bottles and a plastic fermentor a couple hours ago and everything went fine

I appriciate the link as far as Google goes but the new people will not know the store name. And they won't ask because if it is abbreviated that means you should know what it stands for. There are way too many AHS abbreviations.

"Forrest is a regular member on HBT. Forrest IS Austin Homebrew Supply. We like Forrest, We trust Forrest, We respect Forrest. He is our dealer for our drug of choice. We covet his stuff."

Some of us even LIVE in the forest. Seriously, AHS will take care of you. Try calling again:rockin:

Back