Problem with first batch after a week of conditioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinoth

Reaction score
It tastes too good :( It's a True Brew kit, American style wheat. A little on the sweet side, but oh so smooth. My first batch, and I'm pleased. I planned on letting it condition for three weeks, but...

I fear the batch won't see another week.

On a side note, many thanks to everyone here for the wealth of knowledge available. Great hobby, great forum, great people, and some great freakin' beer.

Brew on, brothers. :mug:

You can drink wheats green and they are pretty good, but don't plan on drinking your other batches that early. Patience is the key to good homebrew, you can help yourself wait by building up a stockpile, so get to your next batch quick!

Thankfully, I'll be out of town for about a week, and some forced patience will do the beer good :) It'll get easier to wait once I have a sort of schedule going, but I'm sure you guys can remember having very little equipment, only one fermenter, and -no- drinkable homebrew in sight. Dire times, indeed!

That's my biggest problem when it comes to homebrew. I'm thinking of pulling my keg picnic tap and bringing it to my office and leaving it there, so I can't get at it at night. My latest one has been on tap for less than a week and I've already drank about 6 of them. Summer doesn't seem to lend enough time for brewing so the stockpiles are low.

Back