Problem with carbonating tap a draft

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenKnucklesBrewery

Reaction score
I've had my tap a draft system for about 4 months now but have only used it once. I'm not sure if I did something wrong the time i used it but the beer just didn't seem carbonated enough so I just went back to bottling. I followed the instructions as far as the amount of priming sugar and everything. I'm ready to get my American cream ale out of the secondary tomorrow and I'm wanting to give the tap a draft system a second chance. How much priming sugar should I use?? Also, is there a trick to attaching the CO2/tap handle? Every time I would put it on the mini keg, tons of the pressure would release and I would lose about a pint of beer.

I do not add priming sugar to the keg. Goggle carb chart for beer. I let mine sit at 12 psi at 38 degrees for two weeks and I get perfect carbonation. Works better and no sediments in your beer.

It's not an actual keg with co2 regulator. It's the tap a draft system that uses the 16g co2 cartridges. Like miller lite Home Draft. Each keg holds about 12 beers.

Back