Problem adding splitter to co2 regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob6239

Reaction score
I'm adding a second line for my homemade kegerator/fridge with a second pass through. To get gas to both kegs eventually I will buy a dual regulator to adjust gas differently between kegs. But for now I just have a Y-shaped adapter that threads into my single regulator.

Problem is, I'm have trouble getting the bottom metal piece off the regulator without stripping it. It seems to be stainless steel maybe and tight as all heck.

I'm going to attach some pics so you know what I mean.

View attachment 1426531416314.jpg

View attachment 1426531446592.jpg

View attachment 1426531460077.jpg

Did you try using wrenches, or just hands, to remove it? And of course, make sure to turn the correct direction for the threading.

And shouldn't there have been a teflon tape or thread sealer between those two pieces? Use some when you put the new one on.

I had been trying a wrench but it wouldn't move. If it was anything else, I would spray some lube on the threads to loosen it but not sure what is and isn't safe to use with gas in there.

Ya everything else connected to that regulator is taped but that attachment was like that and its how it came when I bought it a couple years ago

I had been trying a wrench but it wouldn't move. If it was anything else, I would spray some lube on the threads to loosen it but not sure what is and isn't safe to use with gas in there.

Ya everything else connected to that regulator is taped but that attachment was like that and its how it came when I bought it a couple years ago

Are you sure you are turning the valve clockwise? if you are turning it counterclockwise you are then tightening the valve. Remember tightening and loosening is all relative to the tap threads.

Back