Probably a dumb question but...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DatsyukianDeke

self-proclaimed
Reaction score
because like things simple, I just use a picnic faucet with my corny keg. I've got dialed in etc so I get good pours and what not. This round, though, when I pour a pint, the beer that's left in the hose (from the keg out to the faucet) empties out. That's not supposed to happen, right? I dismantled and cleaned the liquid out disconnect but I'm still seeing that hose empty out (when I hold the faucet up in the air).

I'm thinking now I need to vent the keg and check the post, poppet and dip tube. I just want to make sure that there should still be beer in that line after I pour. Tell me I'm not insane, lol.

WTF....i have picnic taps too, and the only time the line empties out is when the keg is kicked.....as @day_trippr taught me....maybe you have a bad o-ring on the dip tube letting co2 in?

^^ what he said...

When was the last time you changed out o-rings? Is this a new keg to you? Used keg but new to you? Do you lube your o-rings when/if you switch them out?

Does the beer get sucked back into the keg when you stop pouring?

Let me count the ways (no particular order):
1. CO2 leak or No psi to keg for some random reason
2. Keg is frozen - defective temp controller
3. part of the beer line to the faucet was up against the side of the kegerator and a section is frozen
4. defective poppet/disconnect, or something like that
5. hop debris for what ever reason was in the keg and has plugged up the works.
6. kink in hose to faucet
7. Your dreaming and haven't awakened
8. I was trying to get to ten, but now I'm bored

i just had a thought last beer, are you venting the keg to serve because your dispensing lines aren't long enough? just a thought, i need a nap....

I cleared the poppets and dip tubes and we're good to go now. After this keg kicks, I'm going to replace the o-rings and everything to be sure. Thanks for all of the info.

Back