Private tour at Capital Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
Woot! This made my freaking week.
Apparently breweries are one of the very few industries in the global economy still turning a profit. For our newscast tonight we went to Capital Brewery in Middleton, WI, to talk with Carl Nolen, President & CEO. We got a private tour as they were brewing up a batch of Island Wheat. In case you're interested they use Liberty hops for the aroma addition @ 5 min. I had to hold back on my barrage of questions so I could do my job, but Carl and Kirby (head brewer) were really nice in answering them when I did get around to it.
For you local folk, this will be on our 5pm newscast, and will be online @ wkowtv.com later tonight. I'll post a link to the story once it's there.
PEACE! :ban:

Well it finally made it to the web this morning. Unfortunately, the story didn't come out quite as I had hoped, but it's still a good piece. I'm going to see if I can have some fun with all the leftover video I have.
WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports -VIDEO
That link will bring up our video page, the story is third one down in the left column, titled Beer Sees Rising Stock.
Enjoy!

Back