Princeton, nj brewpubs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philrose

Reaction score
Night one of princeton was triumph brewing for Scottish 80/-. Night two is harvest moon. Taking in a pint of mild right as i type this.

Beer is good, but what's up with early 90's dancehall DJ at a brewpub? I guess it's a jersey thing?

Harvest Moon is square in the middle of Rutgers country, so they have to cater to the college kids. They make some great beers though.

If you head a little further north, in Woodbridge there is JJ Bitings and the only Pizzeria Uno in the country that is also a brewpub.

If you though the DJ at Triumph was bad then avoid Harvest Moon any weekend night like the plague. It turns into an annoyingly loud and crowded "club" after 10...and personally, with a rare exception here and there, the beer isn't anything special...you'd be better off getting some decent craft brews at Old Bay, though that can get equally annoying on weekend nights. Live music most of the time though, but loud as hell for such a small bar area...

EDIT: After re-reading your post it seems you were already at Harvest Moon experiencing what I described above. Airborneguy is right. Being right down the road from Rutgers it caters to the college kids on the weekends. They have to up their level of *****ey-ness to compete with Easton Avenue bars...

Back