Priming?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_Dog

Orange whip?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have an Oatmeal Stout that will not seem to carbonate properly. So much so that I was able to drink a whole batch of SN clone that was made 2 weeks after it. No home brew now :(
Wyeast 1028.
Primed with 1.25 cups DME and 1 pint of water.
It has been at 68° for 5 maybe 6 weeks now. (I can check my notes if needed).

Do you think I should move them to room temp. for a few weeks?

Cheers!!! :mug:

Try giving them a good shake every couple of days to resuspend the yeast...

and sure, move them a bit warmer... it won't hurt.

And what's the ABV like on that batch?

68 degrees is pretty close. My first ever batch refused to carb at 65 and I moved it to 72 and within 10 days was perfect.

Like DS says, agitate those bottles a bit every few days and get that yeast into the beer.

The ABV came out skewed on that batch at 4.5 it should of been more like 6. I am not sure if I got a bogus reading or it is just light.
I will give em a light shake and move to room temp. and see if that helps in a few weeks.

Chris_Dog said:
The ABV came out skewed on that batch at 4.5 it should of been more like 6. I am not sure if I got a bogus reading or it is just light.
I will give em a light shake and move to room temp. and see if that helps in a few weeks.

Extract brewing? What extract did you use?

Well I had them at room temp. over 2 weeks and still very little carbonation... At this point I would not be real concerned about it (only have a case left). However the beer taste good only flat.

My question is this (and the reason for bringing back the thread). I should have my kegorator ready soon. I was thinking it would do the carbing. Is there any reason I can't transfer the beer from bottles to a Corney?

Chris_Dog said:
Well I had them at room temp. over 2 weeks and still very little carbonation... At this point I would not be real concerned about it (only have a case left). However the beer taste good only flat.

My question is this (and the reason for bringing back the thread). I should have my kegorator ready soon. I was thinking it would do the carbing. Is there any reason I can't transfer the beer from bottles to a Corney?
No reason at all. Just be careful not to aerate the beer when you're pouring. Maybe you could pour out of the bottles into a bottling bucket (makes it easier for a gentle pour) and then transfer to the keg.

BierMuncher said:
No reason at all. Just be careful not to aerate the beer when you're pouring. Maybe you could pour out of the bottles into a bottling bucket (makes it easier for a gentle pour) and then transfer to the keg.

That sounds like a plan!

Back