Priming with Dextrose / DME mix: Proportions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reappearhere

Reaction score
Guten Tag,

So after buying the little 200g packages of "Kreamix" to prime every batch with, I decided to look at the ingredients listed on the package and saw there were only two: dextrose and dry malt extract. So I just bought a big bag of each of those and decided to just make my own Kreamix henceforth. It'll be more economic.

Only thing is, I'm not so sure on the proportions. Is it 50/50? Each of my batches is 23 litres (in theory), and one 200g Kreamix package has always been sufficient for that, but I don't know if that means 100g of each ingredient or something else.

What are your suggestions?

This idea might work rather easily with the Northern Brewer priming calculator.

Enter one-half of the CO2 volume you want in your beer using dextrose, and one-half the CO2 volume using DME. The weight of the dextrose plus the weight of the DME together, would carbonate your beer to the full CO2 volume. This might come out fairly close to a 50-50 mixture.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/priming-sugar-calculator/

Back