Priming with Candi Sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumbob

Reaction score
I've got a Gluten Free brew that has fermented out pretty blah. I'm wondering if anyone has ever primed with Candi Sugar, and what kind of results you had. Just looking to add a little splash of richness or complexity here, suggestions gladly accepted.

You may get a little vanilla likeness if much,moreso at first.If its appropriate for the beer.It wont really give it any complexity i would think.Its often used in belgians or saisons but i wouldnt hesitate to use it if a recipe calls for a little sugar, like a lot of strong ales or imperial anything about.
Do you normally like gluten free brews? I think people tend to be challenged with gluten free trying to make them taste good,more so than other stlyes.

if you want a richness of flavor from the sugar, use raw sugar. "candi sugar" is just expensive regular sugar.

I don't normally make GF brew. Just a special request and I can't say I'm happy with the result. If someone handed me a bottle of it i would say it is a fairly blah cider. Drinkable, but not interesting.

I think I'm going to scrape a vanilla bean in with the bottling sugar too. I made my own candi syrup so no worries on cost. I'm more worried about making bombs.

Back