Priming sugar in bottling bucket for an hour or two?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodrigo3586

Reaction score
I'm going to bottle and brew tonight and had a question for yall. I plan on racking my beer into the bottling bucket before starting my new brew and was wondering if I should go ahead and put the priming sugar in then too. I think it'll maybe be in the bottling bucket with the priming sugar about two hours before I'm able to start bottling...do any of yall see any issue with that? I worried that the yeast will start the carbonation process during that time.

I've racked into the bottling bucket and added the priming sugar mixture later, but I feel like that doesn't distribute the sugar as well through the bucket. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Right, wrong or indifferent, I always put my priming solution in first, then siphon brew into the bottling bucket, that saves me from having to stir the solution into the brew, and run the risk of oxygenation. I'm sure putting it in after isn't a big issue so long as you gently stir it in.

My initial thought is: if it takes 3 weeks at 70 to fully carb... 2 hours on the sugar won't be so bad.

I was kinda thinking the same. I'm just gonna go for it. The last time I mixed in the sugar mixture I had a few under carbed beers and think it's because I didn't stir it in well enough. Like trefilov22, I prefer to siphon right on top of the priming sugar.

Thanks for the help yall, gonna start brewing in about an hour! :ban:

Latest posts

Back