Quantcast

priming sugar and kegging

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

killian

Reaction score
right now I dont have my temp controlled fridge and force carbonating at higher temps hasnt been working for me. Im getting ready to keg my latest brew and I want to prime with corn sugar. I have heard that when priming a keg you should use less sugar, how do I know how much to use?

adamjab19

Reaction score
Care to share what is not working when carbing at higher temps? I just put 1/3 cup priming sugar into about 4.5gals of beer in my keg. I have the keg sitting in my closet at about 64*F to naturally carb. I plan on the serving the beer in three weeks in a ice tub and am scared ****less that serving it will be a pain because of the temperature change.

Hammy71

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Care to share what is not working when carbing at higher temps? I just put 1/3 cup priming sugar into about 4.5gals of beer in my keg. I have the keg sitting in my closet at about 64*F to naturally carb. I plan on the serving the beer in three weeks in a ice tub and am scared ****less that serving it will be a pain because of the temperature change.
I think he means force carbing with CO2 (not priming sugar) and high temps. It takes alot less CO2 pressure to carb a keg when it is kept cold.... Your sugar primed beer should be just fine...