priming in keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZenBrew

Reaction score
Edit: I guess there is a lot of fluff in this post, but it is good fluff. :) I put the important stuff in bold.

I'm making a groaning ale because my wife will be having our fourth child in February!

for those that don't know a groaning alle was prepared by a woman when she learned she was pregnant. the cask was tapped during delivery to help her through the birth. they are usually high in alcohol. I expect this one will be 10.5%.

I always force carbonate in the keg, but I am thinking about putting the priming sugar for this one in the keg. It calls for 1 cup molasses and I think that would be really good for a little of that flavor.

Is there any thing I need to be aware of when priming naturally in the keg? Might the beer be cloudy if I serve it from that keg? I plan to keg this in September and let this sit until late January and then stick it in my kegerator for a few weeks until the baby comes. will it be pretty clear after all that time?

Nevermind, after thinking about it I will just force carbonate and put the molasses in during the boil. I doubt that should make much difference.

Back