Priming after bottling??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flynverted

Reaction score
Pretty new at this and apologize for asking a silly question, but here goes...

On Friday night I bottled 2 batches, a Coopers Real Ale and a Coopers Lager. I was extremely drunk and barely remember the bottling. :mug: When I woke up the next day the package of carbonation drops and the sugar jar were both empty so I know I primed most of the bottles. :D I then sampled a bottle and it obviously wasn't primed, tried a second bottle, same thing. Obviously I ran out of drops and sugar at some point.
My question is, if I find more bottles that haven't been primed, can I prime them now and recap them, or is it too late?

Cheers.
Fly

Wow! You must Really have been drunk:drunk: However, if you just bottled last nite, you would'nt be able to tell if you missed any because it takes considerably longer than overnight for carbonation to occur. I'd say give em a week or two, and next time .......well, you know:cross:

Evets said:
Wow! You must Really have been drunk
:drunk:
Yea I was. Started at 4:00 after work, went to the pub at 7:00, no idea when I got home, woke up on the kitchen floor Sat. morning surrounded by 120 capped bottles of Coopers.

Evets said:
However, if you just bottled last nite, you would'nt be able to tell if you missed any because it takes considerably longer than overnight for carbonation to occur. I'd say give em a week or two, and next time .......well, you know:cross:

Not even a slight psst and no head at all, so pretty sure I missed priming a few (actually it's been 2 days, it's Sunday night in Australia. :D )

Cheers, mate. :mug:

flynverted said:
:drunk:
Yea I was. Started at 4:00 after work, went to the pub at 7:00, no idea when I got home, woke up on the kitchen floor Sat. morning surrounded by 120 capped bottles of Coopers.

Not even a slight psst and no head at all, so pretty sure I missed priming a few (actually it's been 2 days, it's Sunday night in Australia. :D )

Cheers, mate. :mug:

Two days is still a bit early. I personally wouldn't make any judgements on my own bottle's carbonation levels until at least a full week conditioning at good room temperature. If I saw and heard nothing at that point, then I'd worry.

As long as you were sanitary, it wouldn't hurt to wait a week or more anyways. If there is still absolutely nothing, you could still prime the bottles then and recap them with no ill effects.

If you were so drunk and woke up on the floor and have no recollection of bottling the beer, maybe you didn't.. Maybe the beer fairies took pity on you and bottled it for you!:D

Back