Primer sugars

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pyrtq40

Reaction score
I have my first batch of beer in bottles (Irish Dry Stout) and am getting ready to make my next batch. I am planning to make a milk stout.
My question is has anyone used Kaluha as primer sugar when bottling.
I think it would be a nice addition to the milk stout.
Any help, suggestions are appreciated

Thanks

I can't seeing there being anything fermentable in Kaluha, but I'm not sure. You'll have to look at the label. But I doubt if any of the flavorings are fermentable.

You can use any fermentable for priming. I give detailed info on priming with alternative primers including fruit juice (including the link to the podcast,) and other sugars including mollasses in my bottling stickey- Scroll to the lower half of this post.

If it is fermentable, you can use the label information as I mention in that posting to determine how much to use.

No I haven't you'd have to check to see if it had any preservatives in it first. Then if not. Figure 1oz sugar/gallon then look to see how much sugar is in a recommended serving and figure how many servings will get you 1oz of sugar. Then go with the amount of servings and multiply that by how many gallons you have and it should work and give you roughly 2.5volumes CO2

Back