Primary to Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mess1153

Reaction score
I brewed two beers last Saturday and fermentation is going great on both so far. I want to have them ready for the first weekend of football (September 9th) so I was curious if I could do three weeks in the primary and then rack to a keg and use the set it and forget it method to have it ready the following Sunday for kickoff. They are both ale styles so I think this is possible, but I don't want to rush and ruin them. Thoughts??

If you did everything right (pitching rate, ferm temps, etc), and the beers aren't too high in alcohol, they'll be ready.

yup. That's pretty much how I treat my Belgian Wit and some lighter pale ales. They're drinkin' beers. Get them done, move them over to cold crash and carb - and start drinking.

Awesome! That's what I was hoping. One is a honey wheat ale and the over is a German wheat ale. You are right about them wing drinking beers! That's why they are gimme be my football beers!

Back