Primary = primary /Secondary = primary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T8rAleKing

Reaction score
I have read thru the "When to go from Primary to Secondary, if at all" blog for the past 2 days. I have come to the conclusion especially with a lot of the experienced brewmasters on here that: I can now turn my secondary (read carboy) into another primary since I really don't need to do a transfer. This way I can get my next batch up and running, er fermenting I mean. Then when my existing primary is ready for carb & conditioning, transfer primary to bottling bucket and bottle away. Then when secondary, er 2nd primary (read carboy) is ready for carb & conditioning, transfer into bottling bucket and bottle away there.

2 batches fermenting at the same time, wow what a novel idea and I will have ten gallons in the pipeline at a time depending on what type brew I am making...is this correct in my thinking here? TIA :drunk:

yes it is, use all of your fermentors as primary fermentors. 1 have 3-4 6.5 buckets, an 18 gallon LME barrel, a 30L speidel plastic tank, and 3-4 better bottles. recently all but 2 better bottles had beer fermenting in them, had an all day bottling marathon yesterday.

Back