Primary fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewyLouie

Reaction score
I have an IPA going into its 4th week of primary on Sunday. Does anyone have any suggestions on whether I should bottle it now or wait? I've been reading on a lot of other posts that I should be patient and the recipe called for 2 weeks. Sorry Im Not informative about specific gravity I didn't test it help me out if you cannnnnn!!!!

It is probably ready to bottle, but you really should check its gravity. Do you have a hydrometer?

measure 3 days in a row to check if theres a constant gravity. Then bottle up

yup, even if its day 7.

hefe is super fantastic grain to glass in 10 days.
some beers take 6 weeks primary to finish fully, others taste best ASAP!

Regardless of style, the beer must be done and the only way to know for sure is to teat gravity.

As others have stated, the only way to know for sure is checking gravity to be sure it has stopped dropping. That being said, if you don't have a hydrometer, you are most likely fine to bottle after 4 weeks. I don't check gravities (lazy I guess) and just wait 4 weeks and bottle. Have not had a problem yet. Knock on wood.

Back