Primary fermentation churning away (video)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GusWatab

Reaction score
Now this is a beautiful site! WLP001 doin work on the IIPA!!

Last edited by a moderator:
that is pretty awesome. I never get to see this because my carboys are always fermenting in a freezer and all i see is the top of the krausen. thanks for posting!

Air temp is around 60-65. Fermenter temp 75ish. I'm fermenting in glass from here on out just for the entertainment value!

You risk estery fruit salad beer fermenting that yeast at 75F. I'd cool it ASAP.

I just watched it again, looks like the temp is closer to 79F!!! That's about 10F higher than that yeast should max out at.

Probably too late to save it this time unfortunately. Next time get it and keep it under 70F (66-67 is ideal) to avoid harsh solvent and fruity off flavors.

It is 65 degree air temp and saw after pitching about 24hrs ago that it was running warm. So is this garbage? I hope not...that's a lot of hops to dump! @¥*#*

Will these esters mellow out with time? I was planning on dry hopping so wondering if that could help mask it or would i potentially be throwing more hops away?

Bro don't stress too much. It will taste fine. Cool that bad boy off and carry on with your original plan. That's the beauty of this whole thing. Get to learn something new every time and improve on your next batch. Your beers gonna be great.

Back