primary bucket with spigot?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undallas

Reaction score
I wanted to drill a hole (w/ 1" holesaw) to put Italian bottling spigot in my primary to make transferring easier. Would this cause issue during brew? Will it create more space for germs to hide after each brew?

I guess I will need to dissemble it after each brew to make sure all the yeast is dead around the hole.

William's Brewing does this with their starter kits out of the box. They have a 90* fitting on the inside to prevent yeast from settling in the port, but otherwise it's exactly what your talking about doing.

E47.JPG

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/INVERT_TUBE_BACKNUT_P179C104.cfm

All three of my buckets have spigots (two are from a William's starter kit). I don't know about the faucet you plan on using, but the ones I have are held on by one nut. Very easy to take apart & clean.

All three of my buckets have spigots (two are from a William's starter kit). I don't know about the faucet you plan on using, but the ones I have are held on by one nut. Very easy to take apart & clean.

I'm using a spigot that plugs in the hole with a nut and plastic washer on the back to tighten it. I guess I'll just take it apart and clean.

Latest posts

Back