price?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mot

Reaction score
I have this I found for sale I am extremley new to kegging and would like to get into it just waiting for a deal I guess. What do you guys think of this

3 5-gallon Cornelius kegs (ball lock style) $45
20-pound CO2 tank (full) $60
2-gauge regulator $40

I cant remember either are the ball lock kegs the more common ones?

Those are all good prices (assuming the gear is all in good shape, etc.) Kegs tend to go for $20ish or so per, sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more; $15 is a very good price. I'd LOVE to have a 20-lb tank; I'd check the date on it, but even if it did need a hydro test at the next fill $60 is a very good price. The reg, that's about what they go for.

are ball lock the common kegs or is it pin lock?

picture of the tank looks like it is in nice shape and it is full

Ball locks are more common. Either work fine. Ball lock fittings are a bit easier to find, pin-lock kegs are sometimes a couple dollars cheaper. As long as you're consistent, all one kind or the other, you'll be fine (and some will argue that consistency is overrated).

um...for the regulator, you can get a new one for only like 10 bucks more...and those things are really finicky and it would suck if his was crappy or something

Looks like a great price on the 20# tank and 3 kegs, assuming that they're in good shape.

RockfordWhite said:
um...for the regulator, you can get a new one for only like 10 bucks more...and those things are really finicky and it would suck if his was crappy or something

Not for a dual gauge regulator, new their around $40. I would grab that stuff if I were you.

Two cents from a newbie kegger... looks like a pretty good deal. So far I am finding used corny's from $13- $30, were I am from the 20lb. co2 tank is a really good deal. My theory is you gotta start somewhere, so you take what you can get... check out my regulator set! looks rough (really rough:D ), but they all work and seem to be accurate.

03-05-08_0846.jpg

wildwest450 said:
Not for a dual gauge regulator, new their around $40. I would grab that stuff if I were you.

except the regulator? I have been looking on line a a 2 gauge regulator is anywhere from 40 to 150
So I am not sure of the quality of this one but If I can get one new for a few bucks more I would do that

Back