• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Price Reduced! 30 amp Kal ElectricBrewery (near-clone) Panel For Sale $750 Shipped Like New

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwilson16

Reaction score
30 amp Kal (near-clone) Panel For Sale $975 shipped to lower 50. Edit: Price reduced to $750!

This panel is in like-new condition with approximately 10 brew sessions completed. I'm looking to upgrade to a 50 amp panel so I am selling.

The box is a pre-cut box ordered from Kal's website with the recommended heat sink.

I will throw in RTD probe cables (3) for $100. 2x 8' 1x 12'.

Thanks,
Kevin

202-306-3400
[email protected]

Panel.png

panel2.jpg

Attachments

• Panel.jpg
    Panel.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 203
Last edited by a moderator:
Throwing out an idea here, wouldn’t it be much cheaper and easier for you to just swap out some wiring for heavier gauge, and your switching? Seems like a 30–>50 upgrade is nothing more than just allowing for two elements at the same time

Throwing out an idea here, wouldn’t it be much cheaper and easier for you to just swap out some wiring for heavier gauge, and your switching? Seems like a 30–>50 upgrade is nothing more than just allowing for two elements at the same time

You would think so, but it's not the case. The hole sizes and arrangement for the power cables are different as well as the SSRs, contactors and possibly the heat sink.

Click on the link below and goto the post from Kal on Mon May 07, 2018 1:07 am:

http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24918&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=100

I guess my question then is what is your goal? 2 elements at the same time for back to back? Or are you trying to upgrade to multiple elements in one kettle?

A "For Sale" listing is not really the place to discuss 30A vs. 50A control panels. Such discussion should go in the "Electric Brewing" forum.

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

A "For Sale" listing is not really the place to discuss 30A vs. 50A control panels. Such discussion should go in the "Electric Brewing" forum.

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

Yes. Also, discussion in For Sale is limited to those who are interested in buying the item for sale. If you are interested in buying the item, go for it, otherwise, do not post in the For Sale threads.

How about $750 shipped? Anyone know where the button is to edit or delete the original post?

Edit: I updated the price for you. doug293cz. Edit ability is time limited for regular members.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested if it's still available, literally ordered parts for my panel today and this is close enough that I could do the modifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back