Price of 20lb CO2 tanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeSheetsBrewing

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm not quite sure where to post this. I have a line on three 20lb. steel co2 tanks. He wants $50 for the entire lot, won't split them up. They all need to be retested. I'm looking to get into kegging and am not sure if/how good of a deal this may be or if I would NEED 3 20 pound tanks. I would assume you can fail the pressure testing, and I may be SOL if that is the case. If even one passed, would I be getting a decent deal?

Opinions off all kinds are welcome!

that is a good deal for three tanks a lots of places exchange and may or not charge you to retest

you always could just sell what you do not want or need

if they have plastic on the bottom you may have a problem getting them tested and some people will not exchange those tanks

all the best

S_M

Tanks rarely fail testing. Most places will charge you for the test and then exchange the tank immediately. They're willing to take the loss on the small chance the tank fails.

50 is cheap for one 20lb tank. Get them and sell atleast one. No reason to have three.

Back