pretty jazzed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

android

Reaction score
this was my second brew and it turned out pretty close to how i expected it to. probably still a tad young at about 3.5 weeks, but it tastes pretty damn good to me. it's a partial-mash dunkelweizen.

IMG_3431.jpg

IMG_3434.jpg

IMG_3437.jpg

:mug:

i just posted the recipe in the library.

taste is good, i don't have a super developed palette yet, it's got a nice 'dunkel' taste for lack of a better term with a chocolate hint to it. the banana and clove is nicely balanced but not very strong. i think that was due to the danstar munich dry. like it's been said before, that produces more of an 'american wheat' type taste. i think this recipe with a liquid hefe would be really nice. i'll definitely try that on the next round.

What temp did you ferment at to get the banana - clove to balance? I have heard 60F is a good choice, but would like your input. I am planning on making one of these in the upcoming months.

i fermented it at room temp, which in my house averages about 65. but it also drops to about 62 or so at night and at times got up to about 68 during the cold evenings when we had the heater on higher. again, it might also be the dry yeast that allows for that balance. i know some of the liquid ones are really touchy.

i'm not saying NOT to use the danstar munich dry, but if you want the authentic flavor of a hefe, i'd definitely go with liquid.

I am a fan of the fact that you used the word jazzed, really should see more of that on the boards! Nice head homie!

Back