• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Oregon Pressurized SS fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silentdrinker

Reaction score
I have a second kid on the way (first daughter). Our house is pretty cramped as it is, so I need to start downsizing some gear. Plus I think I'll need some $ to invest in a shot gun :fro:

I made several pressurized SS sake fermenters that I w̶a̶n̶t̶ need to sell. I'm not kidding when I say these fermenters are the BEST way to ferment your wort on a homebrew level.

I've used everything:

- Buckets
- Glass Carboys
- 14.5 Blichmann Conical (sold it after one ferment)
- Standard Sanke kegs before conversion

Buckets were fine, but I had issues with fruit flies and losing pressure from the lid. Glass carboys were ok, but they're difficult to move, clean and very dangerous. 14.5 Conical sucked. It's an over priced toy that is difficult to deal with plus it doesn't allow pressurizing fermenting and you can't serve from it.

The standard keg worked great, but it was a bit of a pain to clean. It's not that big of a deal, but still it was a pain.

These converted sanke kegs offer a lot for the money.

1) 100% SS
2) Pressurized fermenting - this can also save $$$ and time on carbonating plus give you more of a cask conditioned beer.
3) You can serve from them
4) Super easy to clean and inspect
5) Uses nothing more than standard corny keg o-rings and parts
6) You can force transfer, so you're 100% sealed from pitching to kegging (or bottling) Plus no need to syphon.
7) Cold crashing is simple, and it won't suck air back in as it cools
8) You can pitch on the yeast cake weeks later if need be (it's 100% sealed, so just keep it cold)
9) You're able to pull hydro/samples with a cobra tap

Plus many other awesome benefits

I have a few 1/4 slims that are perfect for 5 gallon batches
I also have a few 13.2 gallons - great for 10 gal batches.

All interested parties must pay actual shipping costs as well as packaging cost if I have to buy a box to ship (most likely a couple $). I'm located at 97045. I suggest finding out the size/weight of the keg and calculating the cost to get an idea. I can pick whatever carrier you choose as long as it's near by -- USP, USPS, FedEx.

$200/ea for the 1/4 slims 7.75 gal
$250/ea for the 13.2 gal

Each keg may vary from the photo. First photo is of a 13.2 and the other two are a 7.75 1/4 slim.

00b0b_c5UqQKWQ96m_600x450.jpg

00q0q_d6C6LoTBsbJ_600x450.jpg

00707_4JbizmfqJzn_600x450.jpg

Congrats on the new child! I have a 4 year old boy who is an angel. I also have a 2 year old daughter that is a beast! Second kid is a game changer. Good luck...

Oh, and nice fermenters! $$$

Tell me more about these.. what are the diameters of each? How many do you have each size? I might be interested in a few.. I brew 20-25 gallon batches.. using 2-3 fermenters now. These look nice though

Back