Pressurized closed transfer from fermenter to keg always having problems...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garage12brewing

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

as my title says... I do have fermenters that I can pressurize to do pressurized fermentation, transfers etc....

When I want to transfer from the racking arm to a co2 purged keg I always end up with some hops or yeast clogged in the keg post or ball lock fitting...

Yes I do drop a some beer from the racking arm to make sure the yeast and particules are going out before I plug my hoses.

Yes I also cold crash.

Do you guys have any tips or different fittings I could use ? I always end up using my racking cane and opening the fermentor lid... 80% of the time...

Thanks !!

Can you rotate the racking arms in your fermenters? If they're pointed straight down, I can see it pulling too much from the yeast/trub cake. Other than that, it sounds like you need to mitigate this at the boil kettle level and stop letting so much hop matter get into the fermenter.

I've tried dry hopping commando at home in my CF5 . It was a disaster. I normally bag em then suspended it half way in the beer. However I wanted to try just tossing them in. The clogging was irritating to say the least . Took me twice as long to fill a keg.

I cold crashed , flushed the racking arm but had issues. Now at the brewery I don't have issues at all . I do the same thing . I think its because a sanke keg has a bigger opening then my kegs at home .

I have capabilities to dry hop under pressure and transfer thru a inline triclamp filter made by brewtools Sweden to a ball lock keg.

Back