Pressure Relief Valve "Gasket?"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddi Brewski

Reaction score
Alright, I've noticed that two of my kegs won't hold pressure. I'm pretty sure it's due to missing the tiny, miniscule rubber disc that sits at the very bottom of the pressure relief valve on the interior "roof" part of the keg (the inside of the lid)- anybody ever had a problem with this?
I hope this description isn't too tough to follow, but I can't add a picture being a "junior" member or whatever. I'd really love to get these kegs back in action so any possible solution would be great. Thanks

You can add a picture! Just host it at photobucket or somewhere like that, and insert it into a post. It's easy to do that.

Sorry I don't know about the gasket, though!

Are you talking about this?
Pressure reliease valve for cornelious keg.JPG

If that piece of rubber on the bottom is missing, your keg will not hold pressure, you need a new valve.

Thank you kindly, Wildwest, that is EXACTLY what i'm talkin about. But come on, ten bucks cause that little widget fell off?? WTF! There's gotta be a relatively simple MacGuyver fix for that thing.
Anyone?

Teddi, I just got into kegging and had to replace one. The LHBS charged me 15 bucks for a new one or said he would charge me 6 for one he 'fixed' that he wouldn't guarantee.

Frustrating, but it holds pressure now.

Now I'll see if I can carb and serve a beer without it foaming all over the place.

Wish me luck!

Latest posts

Back