Pressure release valve for corny kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artyboy

Reaction score
I just ordered 2 kegs online. They seem to be in good shape but they don't have pull rings on the pressure release valves. How do these work? They seem to be pretty old. The rubber on them is pink.

Are they pin lock or ball lock? My pin lock does not have a ring that you can pull but does have a pressure release that vents at a certain psi.

If they have valves but not pull-rings, those are failsafe devices. If the pressure gets dangerously high, the valve will open and release some pressure. The only way you can manually vent a keg with that kind of lid is by depressing the gas-in poppet.

Are they pin lock or ball lock? My pin lock does not have a ring that you can pull but does have a pressure release that vents at a certain psi.

Yeah... my ball locks all have pull rings. My pin locks are totally different. Some have the safety valve with no pull ring, and some literally have no valve of any kind.

They're pin locks. The other one I have has the pressure release valve. I don't think that it will be a big deal. I was just worried that they were incomplete.

Back