Pressure release impact taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sergiy

Reaction score
Hi, I just get into the kegging and bought carb stone for faster carbonation. For 2 last batches I played a bit with a carbonation level, move it higher/low which require to release pressure from keg 3-4 times. What I noticed, after few time I released the pressure aroma become lower and I got a bit of sour aftertaste in beer, which wasn't there previously. Could it be the result of prv usage?

"Sour" wouldn't be due to carbonation - unless you are associating carbonic acid character with "sour" (I guess that could happen).
I would be looking for some other cause of that character, but in any case, the more one vents a keg of beer the more aromatics will be lost.
File under "don't do that"...

Cheers!

Check the SG of the beer. If it's significantly lower than what your actual FG was then maybe you have an infection.

Probably should let the beer sample go flat and warm to room temp before you measure.

hop aroma will get lesser after time. Anyhow, don't play with your food, drink it!

;-)

Back