Pressure Issues with Secondary Reg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarmikeb

Reaction score
I've expanded a bit in terms of my brewing operation and needed to add a secondary regulator body to my existing CO2 setup. I now have a Kegco Dual Gauge/Dual product regulator (like this) and I added a second regulator body (like this)between the Kegco and the CO2 tank. The single body regulator (1st inline out of the CO2 tank) feeds a 4 way manifold that has a built in check valve.

I'm now starting to have weird pressure issues that are only arising on the Kegco regulator. I had the Kegco set to approximately 15psi to carb 2 kegs of a brown porter. One day I go and check on it and strangely enough the pressure gauge feeding those 2 kegs says 30psi. I thought it was weird, but I lowered the regulator pressure, bled excessive pressure off and went on about my business. I check on it the next day, and boom, back up to 30psi. WTF? Now I look and see that my CO2 tank is almost empty, so I think that must be the issue. I take it and get it filled, and I'm still having the same issues. If I close the tank valve and try to serve the brown porter I get 3-4 pints of foam until some pressure bleeds off, then I get perfectly good pours. If I open tank valve and set the pressure on the Kegco to 5psi, then walk away, when I come back a few hours later it's back up to 10-12psi and it will only pour foam again.

Is there something logically incorrect about my setup? Or is it just that somehow the 2 kegs fed by the Kegco regulator got over pressurized and keep back feeding the gauge (and each other) trying to equalize the pressure? I'm using ball lock corny kegs if that info matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back