Presents!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberbackpacker

Reaction score
I have a great wife (for many reasons)! In this instance though, she is great because the family went for a trip to Michigan and she picked up and brought home a variety of different German beers for me from their stop in Frankenmuth!

Here are some of them!

frankenmuth_beers.JPG

Some of them are bottle-conditioned, so I am going to attempt to harvest the yeast from them.

Prost! :mug:

Ayinger is good stuff. Don't think I've had most of the rest but then again I'm perhaps not as adventurous outside of Belgium as I should be ;)

That's a great wife you got there! :rockin:

I've had all of those. :mug:

Just remember, what's in the bottle is their conditioning yeast not the yeast they fermented with. Whatever live yeast you get out of there is used at bottling time. ;)

Really homebrewer? I was under the impression that Ayinger and Weihenstephan used the same yeast for fermentation and conditioning?

man, you got a good couple of days ahead of you. great choices by SWMBO, she deserves a cheers. enjoy!

That Warsteiner Dunkel - the BJCP considers it to be an American Dark Lager. :D

Re: yeast harvesting - I believe both Weihenstephaner and Ayinger use their primary strain.

Back