Presenting.... Basement picts!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andre the giant

Reaction score
Here's a few views of my new, favorite place to drink. Just a few months ago, it was a concrete basement... now it looks like this...

1324-BasementWS.gif

My bar....
1324-BarWS.gif

My brewing equipment lives in these cabinets....
1324-Brewcabs2.gif

The room is 13" X 25". There is a day bed, recliner, couch, a desk for my wife's scrapbooking stuff, my bar and a small entertainment center with a small TV. The big screen will come later when the old TV dies.

I'm so happy... I could DRINK!!!

:tank: :ban: :mug: :ban:

Very nice, Andre!

From looking at the pic of the desk in the other thread, I couldn't see how it would make a very good bar. It looks much better here. I mean, that is the same red desk, isn't it?

Enjoy... :mug:

Nice work Andre! Shame you didn't include a sink, fridge, burner/fume extraction unit for brewing whilst Mrs. The Giant was busy at her desk!
I like it!:)

Nice! Looks like a great place to relax.

I wish I had basement (hell, I wish I had a house!).

The room with my brewing cabinets also has a decent sized sink. My wife asked if I wanted to install a gas stove for brewing, but I told her that I'd stick to brewing outside.

The bathroom (no picts) we built is what I'm really proud of. We rented a concrete saw and cut out the floor so the sewer lines were underground instead of building a raised floor. That's the best money I've ever spent. Who wants to have a ceiling that's 6'5" tall? And who wants to step up in order to get into the bathroom? (especially when you've had a few homebrews??)

Yes, that big red object is the same desk/bar that I'm thinking of building a fridge into. It looks much better from the front and sides than it does from behind. It has rough hewn cedar trim and a tile top. Obviously, I'm still working on the back. And the thing is FRIGGIN HUGE! It must be 4 feet tall and 6 feet long. It weighs 350 lbs at the least. You could use it as a fall out shelter in a pinch.

Back