Premium membership?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clearcut23

Reaction score
I've been thinking about paying for the membership. But lately every time I try to open any thread to read I get error messages. Is this common with other IOS devices? I'm on iPhone4 with latest OS. WIll payment prevent further error messages?

image-2742875824.jpg

I have a problem from time to time.
Not too often though.
I only ever have problems on the computer though. Never on my phone.

Ask yourself this though.
Have you gotten useful information from the site?
The social part is great, but the information is worth the money if you ask me.

Your money helps keep this thing alive so it's well spent.

45_70sharps said:
Not too often though.

My money's not going to keep anything alive if I can't use it. Since I started this thread nothing has worked. The app keeps crashing and failing to load anything. I was just wondering if their may be an update for IOS in the near future

45_70sharps said:
Not too often though.

It's taken me 5 tries to post this response. Every time I hit send "the request times out" and nothing happens. My money isn't going to keep anything alive if it doesn't work

I've been thinking about paying for the membership. But lately every time I try to open any thread to read I get error messages. Is this common with other IOS devices? I'm on iPhone4 with latest OS. WIll payment prevent further error messages?

I have never gotten an error when connecting with my Windows computer or my Android phone either before or after I became a premium member.

If others with IOS devices aren't having this problem maybe something on your phone or a current setting doesn't play well with the HBT app? Have you tried removing the app and reinstalling?

Today it has been very slow, connection timing out on my iPhone 4S. Happens periodically, wonder if it has anything to do with site traffic?

Not sure. I did a hard reset and deleted and reinstalled the app. It often times out but nothing like today. I can barely get anything to load. My last two comments "timed out" after I hit send and then the app crashed. Looks like they posted though

My iPhone Mobil app finally started working again. It happens from time to time.

iPhone app here as well. Haven't been able to do much for the past hour and a half. Gets a little annoying, but this is the worst it's been in a while.

Also while I'm using the app and click on a link in a thread it asks me if I would like to install the homebrew talk app. Really annoying

I do seem to remember having a problem in the past with the app.
I think I uninstalled then reinstalled without the latest update and it was fine.

45_70sharps said:
I do seem to remember having a problem in the past with the app.
I think I uninstalled then reinstalled without the latest update and it was fine.

How do you install an older version of an app?

shelly_belly said:
Happened to notice earlier nearly 7000 active users - might be the cause of the slowdown. Especially if any others are like me and have 4 or 5 HBT windows open at 1 time.

Kinda what I figured. Lots of homebrewers out there!

mccumath said:
Kinda what I figured. Lots of homebrewers out there!

Actually what likely did it was Will Wheatons tweet about spent grain dog treats with a link to the thread here.

I noticed it was unusable after that and people tweeted to him that he killed the sites web server.

I have only seen that error message when a wifi connection is weak (iPhone app). When wifi is strong I never have that problem.

We had a series of server related setbacks over the past several days. I think we just finally resolved them though.

Any technical issues with the mobile application is out of our hands. About all we suggest is to un-install and re-install.

We use Forum Runner currently and are working to implement a new solution soon.

Back