Premium Bottle Option

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxTheSpy

Reaction score
I make a lot of mead, I do my best with each one but I usually take the top, super clear, mead and make 1 or 2 premium bottles and then take everything else and bottle that as standard.

Im thinking about using this bottle and then use a wax to seal it off. Its got a half cork half wood cap that I think would feel like a more premium option.

What are your thoughts or ideas?

I have one that appears to be the same bottle with a black cap. it came from a company named Bourbon Ball (with chocolate bourbon in it). Very nice choice, especially if you want to showcase the color. with the wood grain cap it could only look better.
Just noticed, mine is 750ml not 375. same shape though. still think it's a good choice.

Last edited:
I have one that appears to be the same bottle with a black cap. it came from a company named Bourbon Ball (with chocolate bourbon in it). Very nice choice, especially if you want to showcase the color. with the wood grain cap it could only look better.
Just noticed, mine is 750ml not 375. same shape though. still think it's a good choice.

I had the 750ml option but I wanted the premium to be in higher demand by not selling as much of it

If you're just asking about nice 375mL bottles, I'm a fan of the Renana style.

I make a lot of mead, I do my best with each one but I usually take the top, super clear, mead and make 1 or 2 premium bottles and then take everything else and bottle that as standard.

Im thinking about using this bottle and then use a wax to seal it off. Its got a half cork half wood cap that I think would feel like a more premium option.

What are your thoughts or ideas?

I see you’re in Portland. FH Steinbarts has those bottles in stock (I’ve bought a few).

I see you’re in Portland. FH Steinbarts has those bottles in stock (I’ve bought a few).

Hey yeah! I was just there the other day, thats what gave me the idea! If your down we should meet up and talk recipies!

Even with the wax, I don't think I'd trust a tasting cork for any long term seal. I'd use a regular cork & wax it. I've seen mead bottled with regular cork, waxed & with a tasting cork attached to the bottle with a string or cord, that way you have a good, long term seal and a tasting cork for when you need it. Apparently this was a fairly common way to bottle booze a few hundred years ago.
Regards, GF.

Those are nice bottles. They may not fit in most wine racks, though.

If you use the black plastic t-bar corks, they’re hard to remove when carpel tunnel flares up.

Otherwise, good choice.

Those are nice bottles. They may not fit in most wine racks, though.

If you use the black plastic t-bar corks, they’re hard to remove when carpel tunnel flares up.

Otherwise, good choice.

I found the coolest bottle for product photography and maybe a decent centerpiece. Its called a Klein Bottle, you fill it and soft cork it on the bottom, Makes my brain hurt a bit.

just looked at it. I love this guys attitude. Straight to the point, and honest as he can be. The wife just looked at me and kept asking "And?" when I read her the descriptions. I guess it take a certain sense of humor.

just looked at it. I love this guys attitude. Straight to the point, and honest as he can be. The wife just looked at me and kept asking "And?" when I read her the descriptions. I guess it take a certain sense of humor.
haha, Yeah, I love his website. Its kind of pointless, but its pretty cool because essentially the whole bottle is one surface like a mobius strip.

I know right? the concept is really cool. And yeah the one that you cork from the bottom is the one for the "Money Shot". If you use a small enough or clear enough plastic cork it would bend peoples brains. maybe you could hide the cork with the camera angle
I had my step son read over it and he, like his mother, didn't get it. And these are both intelligent people.

Intelligence and artisticness don't usually go hand in hand, I'm not super smart but I'm great at using brewing as the art.

They make clear rubber corks and with my blackberry mead the red of the mead would hide it pretty well

No. you'll show me. a description will not do it justice. Damn, now I wish I had one just so I could say " I'll show mine if you show me yours" ( yeah I know I'm twisted)

Back