Prefered Supplier?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsoto75

Reaction score
Just wondering what are some of the equipment, and supply shops you all use and why.

My LHBS is good for some things, but they don't have a huge selection and may be looking to ordering online at some point for my supplies.

thanks

-daddy dave

I use Austin home brew for all my ingredients. I made all my equipment myself so I didnt order any of that from them, but its hard to beat the flat rate shipping.

Brewmasters Warehouse... because he cares. I am placing an order for ALL of my 2009 grains, yeast and spices with him, because I trust him. My hops, all of my 2009 hops are in transit now from Freshops... why? They have the best prices and excellent quality.

Putting together an AG stainless electric setup currently so it's been any place that ships to Canada without too many hassles (preferrably USPS). So far it's been:

- Auberins.com
- MoreBeer.com
- NothernBrewer.com
- BargainFittings.com
- Ronshomeandhardware.com
- McMaster.com
- AutomationDirect.com
- And about 30 different Ebay sellers (mostly from the US)

Kal

I agree with Williamsbrewing as they usually ship same day as opposed to morebeer that seems to sit on the order even if you are paying for shipping. I just priced out a $60 order from Williams that was $70 and up everywhere else.

I have had bad Karma with Midwest and they have sent me beat to **** kegs, co2 distributor that was reconditioned when I ordered & paid for new. I did however enjoy the ESB Redhook clone beer from them.

Have not tried NB or Austin. I prefer my Local shop but it is a long drive and I am not usually going that direction.

I have tried these:
Brewmaster's Warehouse - Flat rate shipping AND reasonable prices
Midwest Supplies - Reasonable Prices, charges actual shipping cost
Austin Homebrew - flat rate shipping, some prices seem inflated to compensate though.
Morebeer - Free shipping (> $59.00) but prices seem to be inflated to compensate and they have problems keeping things in stock.

Most recently, I ordered from Brewmaster's Warehouse. The flat rate shipping is nice, and the total came in under the other places. Shipped to me the day after I ordered (which has never happened for me with other flat rate shippers). Will be getting the order tomorrow. So far, I've had an amazing experience with Brewmaster's Warehouse.

Williamsbrewing I believe is flat rate shipping also.

Williams has a tiered shipping scheme, based on the cost of the order:

FEDEX GROUND SHIPPING EASTERN ZONE B:

*Subtotal Under $29.99 = $6.50
*Subtotal $30.00 to $45.99 = $7.50
*Subtotal $46.00 to $75.00 = $8.00
*Subtotal $76.00 to $99.99 = $9.50
*Subtotal $100.00 to $129.99 = $12.00
*Subtotal $129.99 or greater = $14.00

I like Midwest, Williams, The Home Brewery, and Northern. Have not had a chance to try Brewers Warehouse or morebeer, but I've only heard good things.

Brewmasterswarehouse.com has been good to me...

I have also ordered from Austin Homebrew Supply and have been pleased...

I just dropped an order on Brewmasters Warehouse for ALL of my 2009 brewing ingredients (yeah, yeast and spices too!). Threw in a Barley Crusher... do you think I have the utmost faith in them? Yeap... no question.

Austin HB and Brewmaster's WH... fast shipping and great selection.

Some orders one is cheaper than the other, but both have been great about getting the order out and supporting this site.

Brewmasters Warehouse is willing to ship me yeast with expiration dates that meet my needs. (good through 12-09) I also got Eds personal cell # and a promise to ship me my WLP yeast, free of shipping, if he cannot get me an expiration date past 7-09...when I need it. Can your HBS beat that?

i'd also suggest Austin Home Brew and Brewmasters warehouse, if for no other reason than both companies support HBT. I have nothing against midwest or northern brewer, but i'm a big fan of any company that supports this site. Both Ed and Forrest are easy to PM or email and seem very willing to answer any question or help in any way in a very timely manner.

That and i don't really like how some other companies have their websites sets up, they make it hard to order partial mash kits or keep yeasts straight, etc etc.

BUT more importantly, i support those who support or interests.

just won a march pump auction they were running on eBay over the weekend. I think I paid for it at 8am and got the shipping email at at the end of the day. very cool. Should get it tommorrow just in time for the weekend warmup.

Brewmasters is the best... place ONE order there and you will see a difference, I can assure you. This place is Pol certified.

Pol

Hey I know a site that has a smaller selection than some for hops, but what they do carry has lower prices than anybody else especially when considering a flat $5 to ship any amount up to 20lb. Its Niko's Homebrew Supplies

:) Shameless plugs are fun.. oh and he's also got wort chillersm, co2 tanks, and rhizomes (for preorder) for less-than-typical prices.

Niko is another Vendor that I approve and support... this guy is crazy about hops (who isnt?) Great prices, great shipping and FAST delivery.

Back