Pre-built immersion heater with thermostat vs diy heatstick

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow expensive...

How would you integrate that into a RIMS?

You could build a dedicated electric pot for less than that.
Pol, I think he meant to say HERMS.

Just tossing this out there too.

I dont know how precise that thermostat is on that element. Within a couple degrees? I have a hard time believing that... and if that is the case, it would be pointless to use it to control mash temps. Youd be better off using a cooler with a tight lid.

Like Code said, build an entire E-Kettle for that amount, with precise control too.

Yeah, I think I was really visualizing a modified brew-in-a-bag system. I was thinking about using a steamer rack like this on the bottom of one of my two 10-gal coolers:

steamerrack.jpg

The element would be suspended above the bottom of the plastic cooler and slip under the rack. The bag-o-grain would sit on top of the rack. I still have a new Grainger pump and speed control that I bought to use with a RIMS that I built back in the 90s. I was thinking about recirculating from bottom to top. The element would only be on as needed.

Latest posts

Back