Prairie Standard Farmhouse Ale Clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesooohoppy

Reaction score
Does anyone have an AG recipe? Something similar?

Not usually a fan of the style, had one earier and loved it! I searched and did not see anything.

http://prairieales.com/beer/prairie-standard/

I'll taste it again tonight at work and update, but my best guess off memory:

-All pils malt
-SG: ~1.046
-Mash 147-150 depending on your system
-I think I recall all of their beers end up with a low FG, somewhere around 1.004, from a CYBI episode
-WY3711?
-Mostly/all IBU from bittering? If not, they do a 60min and whirlpool addition I believe
-Dry hop with 2.8oz Motueka for a 5.5 Gal batch

Will update tonight if I remember.

I would venture to guess they dont use 3711. Im pretty experienced with saison yeasts and to me the yeast character seems closest to WLP566 Saison II. Its got an almost bubblegum flavor that I get from that yeast at higher temps. 3711 is pretty distinctive. Very bright lemony zip to it that is not present in Prairie Standard

Whoops, forgot to post back.

Fully agree its not 3711. No flameout addition, all 60min.

I've heard in a couple interviews that they do use the French Saison yeast, but they use the French Saison from Brew Science Institute which has a different profile than wyeast's version. Unfortunately Brew Science doesn't make yeast pitches for home brewers.

The recipe above looks like a solid place to start. Very similar to what I would've recommended.

I've heard in a couple interviews that they do use the French Saison yeast, but they use the French Saison from Brew Science Institute which has a different profile than wyeast's version. Unfortunately Brew Science doesn't make yeast pitches for home brewers.

The recipe above looks like a solid place to start. Very similar to what I would've recommended.
I harvested the residual yeast from the bottom of a bottle, and intend to use it in a future FHA. Will post the results.

Back