- May 2, 2015
- Reaction score
- South Jersey
1. In the league (co-workers), where I'm the commish, I moved from ESPN to Yahoo. Each site has it's pros and cons. I'm good with whatever is selected, though.Potential thoughts for 2022:
Just my $0.02...
- Move off NFL.com. I've only played ESPN in the past but it's a superior platform, and I've heard a lot of people don't even like ESPN as a platform...
- For a 12-team league, make it 6 playoff spots over three weeks, with the 1 and 2 seed have a bye for the first round. While this year we had a VERY tight race going into the playoffs, that is not normal and usually there's more separation. Having 6 playoff teams keeps everyone more engaged later into the year.
- Add the IR spot. It helps managers keep players who are out without QUITE as big of an effect on their roster. Especially with the new 3-week IR rather than the 8-week minimum IR that used to exist in the NFL.
- Vet the managers pre-season to make sure we don't have derelict teams...
- Make some reward for the #2 and #3 teams. I.e. the #4 team has to send beer to #3, the #5 and #6 teams have to send beer to the #2, and teams #7 through #12 have to send beer to #1. Usually in money leagues you have something for the #2 and #3. In this case I've worked my butt off to get to the playoffs, but now it's a two-week all-or-nothing proposition to get any reward, and even if I finish #2, I'm sending beer to #1... IMHO top three should all receive beer, just less for #2 than #1, and less for #3 than #2.
2. Half the league making the playoffs might be a bit much. Now if it were a 14 team league, then 6 teams would work out pretty good.
(EDIT: If there were enough teams for two leagues, the three bottom teams move to the "B" team the following year, while the 3 top teams of the B team would move to the "A" team. Just a thought)
3. Regarding the IR spot. Is this something that can be abused? Possibly hoarding players?
4. It seems that there are derelict teams every year. In other leagues, I have seen teams that would play, make moves and so on.... but as soon as there are some back to back losses, they lose interest.
5. This is a tough one. I've got nothing.