Power issues with RAPT Pill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenEnvy22

Reaction score
I bought a Kegland RAPT Pill (floating Wifi hydrometer like Tilt) in February and used it a few times, I really like it.
However on my last brew, it never reported in.
After the batch was complete, I removed it and plugged it into USB. The battery level was reported at 100%, and connected to Wifi.
I decided to recalibrate it, so I entered calibration mode. However, as soon as I unplug the USB cable, it goes dead. The Wifi disconnects, LED's all goes out.
It should stay on in access point mode for a few minutes so you can calibrate.
I tried charging the battery for a couple of days, but no difference. I tried a factory reset, but that didn't help either. I confirmed the battery polarity is correct.
I've emailed kegland for help, but wondering if anyone else has had something like this?
I'm assuming it must either be a defective battery, or the unit itself has some issue running from battery.

Never mind, I removed the battery, and bent the contact pins out on the battery holder, and now it's fine. Must have just been a poor connection there.

Not sure Mike, I hadn't removed the battery since originally installing it. They might have just been a bit weak (too compressed) from the factory, so over time, they lost contact.

Cheers for the post,had exactly the same problem with my rapt pill today, found this thread and now it's working fine, happy brewing 👍

Cheers, have been having intermittent issues with it not working but seemed to work when not in a brew 😕
Finally found this post and bend the contact pins out a little - happy days now working solid again!

Back