Potential craigslist deal.... Feeback desired

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKBrew

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to get this stuff. The guy is retired Navy, and said if I come look at it and want it, he'll hold it for a few days while I get the money.

While I don't necessarily think it's a great deal, i'd say it's a fair deal (without actually seeing the stuff). I'd appreciate the HBT back-up, let me know if I'm missing something obivious or if you concur with my assesment.

Thanks guys and gals.

McKBrew said:
I have the opportunity to get this stuff. The guy is retired Navy, and said if I come look at it and want it, he'll hold it for a few days while I get the money.

While I don't necessarily think it's a great deal, i'd say it's a fair deal (without actually seeing the stuff). I'd appreciate the HBT back-up, let me know if I'm missing something obivious or if you concur with my assesment.

Thanks guys and gals.

I don't Know it looks like a Really good deal to me, What is making you doubtful? Other than The Condition the Equipment might be in?

Actually nothing is making me a bit doubtful. I think I just like the feeling of someone else saying "hell yeah McKBrew, You are a dumbaxx if you pass it up".

McKBrew said:
I think I just like the feeling of someone else saying "hell yeah McKBrew, You are a dumbaxx if you pass it up".

Well you said it not me! :D I would get it if it were me and I had the Cash.

If you need that stuff, then you are a ******* if you pass that up. The minibrew and kegging stuff are worth well more than that. If you don't need it, then it's a different story.

If this works out, this would be a good sign. I've been trying to get first dibs on a refrigerator from CL and managed to pull it off this Saturday. I'd be converting it to a kegerator with a quickness, and probably use the one he has for a fermentation chamber.

Edit: Do I really need it, no. Do I want it? Hell Yeah.

Lil' Sparky said:
If you need that stuff, then you are a ******* if you pass that up. The minibrew and kegging stuff are worth well more than that. If you don't need it, then it's a different story.
I could not agree more. It's a good and fair deal.

Thanks for the back-up guys. I'll be checking this stuff out today or tomorrow.

Went to check it out. Everything looked great. The kegs/regulator were pristine. The photos were from a previous attempt to sell, so he couldn't find the bottle drying rack. I asked if price was firm, (was going to offer 300), and he actually offered 300 first because the drying rack was missing.

As soon as I get the money, the stuff is mine.

The guy e-mails me and says he is interested in keeping the glass carboy, bottles, and misc small items I already have and asks if I'd be willing to pay $225 for the minibrew fermenter, two kegs, regulator, tank, taps/lines and the mini fridge. This deal keeps getting better.

EvilTOJ said:
Well, the ad's gone, I guess you got the gear?

Almost. He is holding it for me until I get my tax return in the next few days. Works out good for me that I am in the Navy, and the seller is retired Navy and willing hold it for me until I have the funds. I have Friday off, so I'll probably pick it up then.

Back