Pot with auto-stirrer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slipgate

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a brew pot that has a built-in stirrer? Something like the beakers that labs use with the magnetic thing at the bottom taht constantly spins.

That would be a stir plate and wouldn't work well in a brew pot. It works on magnetism, and that would be one hella stir bar! Not to mention how are you heating this ?

For the boil, I've never seen an issue with this once the boil started.

If you are talking about the mash, this has been done with a motor, but it needs to be a gear motor around 100rpm or less.

Dude all you need is one of these:

Concrete-Mud-Hand-Mixer-MS-CMM-502-with-CE-GS-EMC-RoHS-.jpg

Dude all you need is one of these:

Concrete-Mud-Hand-Mixer-MS-CMM-502-with-CE-GS-EMC-RoHS-.jpg

Paint stirrer is definitely a good hand held option. Lots have mounted Wiper motors from cars on the MLT Lids to stir the mash also. If it is for BK. I only stir mine during Hop Additions and a few sirwl every 10-15 minutes of the boil maybe.

I use mine for aerating the sh'it out of it after the boil is done. Ever since I got mine back from bitchface my fermentations have gone off like gangbusters!

Back