Post your Christmas Brew-gifts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple classic books, a SS bottling wand, a gift card at my very excellent LHBS, and a Brewing America hydrometer kit.

20211225_095151.jpg

Already posted the sign my most excellent husband had made for me (it's now my avatar), and bought the things I needed to go full BIAB; my wonderful daughter bought me a gift card to morebeer, but accidentally had it mailed to her home in Boise instead of to me in Washington; so when she gets it she'll send me a photo so I can redeem it! Going to get a hop spider and some other hardware; need a new picnic tap because I can't find mine.

Got a gift card for ine of my flhbs from my Mom, but the kids took the cake. For years my main water glass was a pint glass that had “Tony’s pint, hands off!” etched on it, it had been a gift my best friend had got for me while in Vegas. A couple months back a spirited cat fight/chase ended in that glass being obliterate. For Christmas they got me this (my Son had already made the design for me for my tap handles for my birthday this year).
22AFA5C2-CDF5-43B0-9B73-72DB2A4A9317.jpeg

Posted a picture or two to the "Cat" thread.

One gift was a humorous, asocial cat and beer themed t-shirt. It made me laugh pretty hard and will be wearing it the first chance I get. The other great score was an imported 5 liter mini-keg of Delirium Tremens Belgian strong ale.
Both are just fine with me, but unfortunately, the DT isn't going to last very long.

My mom made a comment about me having too much of my stuff in the Family (Kitchen) fridge when they were out visiting a couple of months ago.

She is of the sort that you’d rather not argue with so you just smile, agree and move on. And..also find ways to turn her comments into snarky remarks with my dad and wife.

So, my wife got me this magnet for Christmas for my beer fridge out in the garage. Love her!

7802B269-4D1C-4E7F-B57F-76BCB2DDEDB2.jpeg

Forgot I also got a bunch of different beer glasses from my sister-in-law. She works for a company that sells plates, glasses, cups etc. I was able to go through their beer glass collection and choose what samples I wanted.
345D37E7-9691-4653-AC64-71F951907270.jpeg
B1EEA941-4B0E-4C97-ACC0-A3062F35F728.jpeg
19CF4E8D-A6D2-4637-ACAD-565A95848512.jpeg
4F3ECBA5-6B30-4D67-B44E-7C3CEE490EE6.jpeg

Wasn't a gift but while visiting family I was given a 10 pound box of quaker oats. I want to make an oat whiskey with it, I'm planning to do the cereal mash via sous vide to ensure complete gelatinization, then mash it with 6-row barley and a kiss of wheat. See what the old quaker bastard has to say. I was presented the box with a "how much do you like eating oatmeal? It's good for the heart." and I was like "I friggin' luuurv oatmeal. I'll take it!!"

Last edited:
Morebeer helped my daughter out by providing the digital version of the gift card she got for me, so order placed yesterday for hop spider, heat shields for the brewvisions (getting a 2nd one from amazon gift card from mom), new s-type airlocks, and a carrier for the fermonsters. Was dithering between all of that and the stuff I need to convert the gas side of the kegerator to eva barrier & duotights; then remembered that I have a bonus check waiting for me at work, if I can ever get to the office, crazy weather. So placed an order with Bobby for those. Next week will be full of upgrading!

Back