Post coronavirus meal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have the appetizer picked out yet? In general for the appetizer I would think you’d want something light as far as beer goes. Especially if you’re doing fried food or something like that. Maybe a crisp light lager or a cream ale. Could also do a wheat beer. The possibilities are endless!

Do you have the appetizer picked out yet? In general for the appetizer I would think you’d want something light as far as beer goes. Especially if you’re doing fried food or something like that. Maybe a crisp light lager or a cream ale. Could also do a wheat beer. The possibilities are endless!
I was thinking about just having a beer by itself for an appetizer. I already have the soup, salad, main course, and dessert figured out.

corona.jpg

something like that would me salivating...(K.I.S.S.)

I was thinking about just having a beer by itself for an appetizer. I already have the soup, salad, main course, and dessert figured out.
I think this would be considered an aperitif. Aim for something dry and low alcohol to act as an appetite stimulator. No or low fruit Lambic, sour and gose are easy calls, especially if served as a beer cocktail garnished with a lemon peel or herb like mint or basil.

Classic pilsner or lightly hopped brut ipa. Too much hops can mute your tastebuds, especially on an empty stomach.

if you want an appetizer, i'd guess something really malty with a bit of carmel, lightly hopped.....
Don't for forget something biscuity. I'd love a fat tire. Biscuit Malt and 60L. Jamil Zainasheff has a Belgian Pale that is spot on for FT. I've even made it like a dubbel.

Pilsner, Kolsch, light lager, or a dry Berliner. I love sours with apps. Gets the taste buds going lol

A tomato beer garnished with a shrimp. And by tomato beer I don’t mean a beer with tomato juice added before serving. (Although I like that now and then)

Couple of folks thought racially charged attempts at humor were a good idea. They are not. Any such posts will be deleted. If this thread generates too much mod work load it will be shut down. Any comments about moderation in this thread will also be deleted.

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

I’m not sure about “postCV” meal”.

90% of what we eat is home cooked. CV19 is still unable to get people to eat their veggies, so we’re doing ok.

As far as an appetizer beer goes... something light and dry to encourage the appetite. Although, losing popularity, brut IPA. Go big on ABV to get the appetite going.

Save the malty, sweet, pastry stuff for desert.

Back