Post a photo of your city

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

podz

Reaction score
If you live in a city, that is...

Took this one this morning while walking from the bus stop to the office. Usually, I drive, but today I took the bus.

12301456_1096617160382511_2192243995407157642_n.jpg

Here's a shot of mid-town Elyria, Ohio, where I grew up. Shot toward the strip, the monolith is the civil war memorial;

The old courthouse across the park on the square;

And St Mary's church, where we went to school & got married;

Cleveland can be a real adventure in winter!

That's true! Especially when I had to drive to Medina for work every day. We moved into Strongsville now, but don't have any pics. That pic was from our old apartment before my girlfriend graduated.

These are probably my two favorites. We installed the river lights as part of our the city's 150th birthday, and they are awesome. I drive by them every morning and every night, and I still cant help but look.

21690319258_52050d6f23_k.jpg

SzJfKSR.jpg

The Brew Kettle's in Strongsville! They have good pit bbq too. I had an uncle who lived their that worked on the rock hall that died.

2vd4cc7.jpg

Downtown Buffalo. The picture is from Fountain Plaza when I visited Labatt Blue Headquarters for a private party. The gold dome is Buffalo Savings Bank. I could spend all day downtown just exploring the beautiful architecture.

Coming out of the Helsinki University metro station today, I took this one:

12360295_1096687030375524_424349316253209606_n.jpg

Here's an internet pic of downtown. I live off to the far right of that pic. Actually, just out of the pic.

Here we go... Sorta :D

post-8528-0-11431500-1448753809.jpg

Obviously that's not city. But, since I live in the sprawling suburban metropolis of Orange County (Laguna Hills specifically), it's a lot better to think about the stuff that's *not* city than the stuff that is.

This is from a trail overlooking the Aliso & Wood Canyon wilderness park.

Indianapolis from the canal downtown... not quite so warm as that right now...
skyline.jpg

and the obligatory glamour night shot:
indy_skyline_by_thelastseptember-d4157r0.jpg

2vd4cc7.jpg

Downtown Buffalo. The picture is from Fountain Plaza when I visited Labatt Blue Headquarters for a private party. The gold dome is Buffalo Savings Bank. I could spend all day downtown just exploring the beautiful architecture.

Hell yeah WNY!

1st pic is "downtown" Alexandria. Yay.
2nd is Cincinnati, as viewed from the hills on the Kentucky side of the river. I'm about a 15-20 minute drive from the city, so I get the benefits of living in a developed area, while still having some breathing room. Of course, I can't get much if anywhere without driving, which somewhat bugs me.

View attachment 1449603629667.jpg

View attachment 1449603706795.jpg

Columbia SC Glamour shot
BBE1B504D61613FE3083C9FD345FCC97.jpg

But I still call this place home. Small town by the name of Loretto PA. Backwards in a lot of ways but I miss it. The only real landmarks are a University (more than half of the town's population when school is in session if I remember correctly) and a monastery, which used to be Charles Schwab's summer estate (yes that Charles Schwab). The guy had style to be sure, and pretty much built the town.

Aerial shot of Loretto:

View of Schwab's former summer home from his gardens:
55542_c2b3ce41bb0b3e7a692aab7c13fbcffc_large.jpg

Back