Possibly Stuck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aquavitae

Reaction score
Alright, so I just got off work and am about to go to sleep but I had a question. I suspect my 5 gallon peach mead may be stuck. I haven't taken a gravity reading yet. I was wondering if throwing in some raisins might help the yeasties get started again if it's stuck. I've added 18g of Fermaid K, half when fermentation kicked off and half about a week later, and some yeast nutrient. Can't remember how much yeast nutrient off the top of my head but its got DAP and food grad urea in it.

Thoughts?

Update: not stuck. I came home from work this morning and my airlock was bubbling at a constant rate, not super quickly but slow and steady, after several days of inactivity. I know that bubbles do not equal fermentation but this is a new experience for me. Does this normally happen? And, if so, what is the reason behind it?

Update: not stuck. I came home from work this morning and my airlock was bubbling at a constant rate, not super quickly but slow and steady, after several days of inactivity. I know that bubbles do not equal fermentation but this is a new experience for me. Does this normally happen? And, if so, what is the reason behind it?

I have no idea- weather change or barometric pressure changes can do that as well as fermentation or infection. No clues, sorry!

Yep without more info like gravity readings, temperature, etc it could be a lot of things that caused it to happen.

Back