possible infection?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgrcltpunk

Reaction score
i think i may have an infection in my beer. lets see what you guys think i racked my beer into my secondary and when i did i put some un boiled dme in it not thinking and i put some hop pellets in to dry hop it. well then i got the normal krauzen(spelling?) and fermentation bubbles and then stopped after a few days. now its been there 2 weeks an just started to bubble again wtf is going on?
here are pics
IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

It looks fine, got some yeast rafts being brought up by co2. It's more than likely bubbling because of a slight change in temperature, or being nudge or something and causing co2 to come out. Nothing really worry provoking to me.

really even though its bubbling the air lock again after 2 week of not ? i hope you guys are right. once i bottle it how will i know if its infected or not?

Looks like CO2 coming out of solution and hop carnage.

You might be able to get away with not boiling DME, but it's not advisable and I think it's pretty unusual to add fermentables to the secondary. The goal of racking is to clear the beer and allow you to dry hop, but you can dry hop in the primary, too.

really even though its bubbling the air lock again after 2 week of not ? i hope you guys are right. once i bottle it how will i know if its infected or not?

I think the term used here is "satan's anus" to describe the taste of a bad infection.

Looks fine to me. Unless, later on it forms some kind of sewer from hell on the top, you should be OK. Even if it looks like Satan's ass laid a doody on your beer, you should still taste it before making a decision. If it doesn't make you throw up, then bottle it. ;)

Looks good to me.

If it looks like "satan's anus" I am not drinking it. Even if it's got a slight problem it's going into the garden.

"Life is too short to drink bad beer" like bud light.

Looks good to me.

If it looks like "satan's anus" I am not drinking it. Even if it's got a slight problem it's going into the garden.

"Life is too short to drink bad beer" like bud light.

There have been times that I have been mistaken about first impressions. As far as beer is concerned, I am anti abortion. ;)

Latest posts

Back